Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Squeaky Clean Face!


So, I ran out of a face scrub last night.... and I love exfoliating my skin.  Another thing I love: Googling.  I am a serious addict.  I just love googling random bits of things up and storing it in my pretty little head.  Anyhow, I also love Costco.  So what does that equal?  Googling what I can do with the huge bag of baking soda I bought at Costco (it seemed like a good idea at the time!) and what I could do with it.  Turns out, if you mix in a bit of baking soda, with your facewash, you got yourself a handy dandy face scrub! WOOHOO!  So I squirted some Cetaphil (another Costco buy, which is awesome because I love how gentle Cetaphil is) in my hands, sprinkled some Baking Soda, turned it into a paste and scrubbed my face away.  After I rinsed it clean, my face felt so unbelievably clean!  




















You should totally try it.  Seriously.  Do it noooowwww....

Now, as a night cream, I have a routine.  I was blessed with dark under eye circles, so every morning and night, I put a vitamin K cream under these beauties to combat it.  I thought it was just an Old Ye Wives Tale, but uhh.. no, it actually works.  I thought I lost my jar for a couple weeks, and my eyes looked more like death with each passing day.  So seriously, if you have dark circles, dab a little on every morning and every night and you'll see a difference.  Anyhow, after that, I slather my face with oil.  Yes... OIL.  Apricot Kernel Seed Oil to be in fact.  Oh how I love this oil.  I only put it on at night, because its super oily, but a good type of oil, it won't clog pores and will actually make your face so supple and soft like a baby's bottom (or you can spritz a little on your salad with some lemon juice to get a nice healthy vinigairette).  I slather that stuff allover my face until I look like you could slip and slide all across my face.  Now, the last step: Alba Organics Un-Petroleum jelly under my eyes.  This stuff is amazing.  It's like petroleum jelly, but won't clog your pores and it has Vitamin E, Coconut Oil (which is naturally an anti-bacterial), and other goodies to make your face soft and young looking.  I do this almost every night, if I'm not passing out on the couch... And I seriously get people asking me if I'm 19 still. **Smiles** Bless their heart, I'm almost 30 *waah!*  Go to bed after all this, and when you wake up, your face is moisturized and soft and supple, all you'll need to do is splash some water on your face and add your morning moisturizer (with SPF! Always use a morning cream with SPF! Seriously people, more and more people are diagnosed with Skin Cancer each year.)

But yeah... just thought I'd share that since I was so proud of my baking soda discovery.  Seriously, who knew?  People spend so much money on scrubs, when you can get a box at Target for $1.00 and it'll last you for years.  I also found this site on other uses for this miracle powder. Click here to see! 

Happy Hugs and Lots of Love!  

christyjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment