Saturday, April 28, 2012

Scavenger Hunt 4-28-12

Today was an interesting day.  Ricky had reminded me that I needed to get my haircut before we leave for Japan in 2 weeks.  I quickly got ready and headed over to my usual salon and remembered that I didn't make an appointment and was crossing my fingers that they'd have an opening.  Alas, no, there was no opening and she didn't have one the following week either.  Sooo, being the brave soul I am, I decided to just drive around and find a place that accepted walk-ins.  Completely forgot my phone too, so I couldn't even Yelp a place. Dangit! Anyhow, I found a place and got my cut [ which I'm super happy about :) ]

I came home, and noticed a note on the door.  I had to blur out the text, it has email addresses on there I didn't want public! 

Close-up of the Clue #1: 

I go inside, and look for an Apple =)

Ricky decided to plop down a large sum of money on a new 55" 3D internet TV...  so I KNEW the next clue had to be on that thing!  Lo and behold, clue #3 placed on the back =)


We were invited to The Nerdist launch party, and in their swag bag was a box for each of us, Otter Pops!  I so hoped that was the answer, and I was right!

FYI: Clue #4 says "I really wish my fruit didn't taste like battery acid"

When we originally moved to our house, we were SO EXCITED to have an orange tree in our backyard, until we tried the fruit and it was so bitter we spat it back out.  Unfortunately, we found out our tree is a Bitter Orange tree which is used to make marmalades and jam, so yeah, battery acid fruit. 

My dog, Bowie, has a fear of getting baths.  He constantly cleans himself every day so that he will never have to take baths.  It works most of the time, I only have to bathe him once every month or even longer, so I ran to our shower, and this is the clue I found next:

This is actually an inside joke that's not really appropriate to say on here! Hahaha! So I'm just going to post the next clue:

I SUCK AT VIDEO GAMES! My left & right hand can't coordinate w/one another, so I only like shooting games that are on rails so I don't have to move and I can sniper rifle them and shoot the head off, which had me running to the living room again and pull our PS move controller.  

Clue #8 had me go on a website and find it's "Case".  Which was this box in the closet, that had this note inside: 

When I turned around, Ricky was already on one knee with the ring open.  What a super cute and quirky way to propose.  =) I love you Ricky Zhang!  







2 comments:

  1. love the ring christy! did you or ricky design it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I remember him asking me a while ago rings I liked and I showed him one I found on an antique jewelry site, but that one was like platinum, with a 5ct stone and like $96,000!!! YIKES! So he had our friend who does jewelry help him replicate that antique one but in yellow gold (my skin tone does NOT react well with silver metals, it makes my skin look blue for some weird reason..) but yeah. I LOVE MY RING!!! =)

    ReplyDelete